Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

persistant lock with ESS disk and AIX 5.2 with SDDPCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

kardiac

Technical User
Jul 2, 2004
FR
Hello,

I have a problem because sometime when i reassign a ess disk to a new machine this disk is locked. On AIX 4.3.3, i can use the command lquerypr(packaged in devices.sdd.43.rte) for releasing disk. But this command is not chipped with sddpcm. Someone know if some replacement exist or a other way to unlock disk ?

Thanks by advance

Good question! =)

I have the same problem.
Precision: prKiller tools don't work anymore.

Thanks...

Up :)

I have find cl_scdiskreset utility in HACMP 5.1 for that but i search always a tool in AIX 5L.

Thanks

there is a SDD utility which you can get from IBM, or if you PM me your email address maybe I can transfer it to you some how. I go through the pain of unlocking the disks weekly!!!!! ugh I hate it!

I don't see how to send PM on this forum ???
Can u give me utility's name i will ask to IBM.

Thanks

Im sorry your right there is no PM on here I got PM's on the brain... Anyhow, the software is onlye 4.30mb so I can email it without any problem to you..

The actual name is SDD I have the versions for 4.3.3 , 5.1 & 5.2

Thanks but i know this software and on AIX 5.2 i prefer use SDDPCM (i can use MPIO feature builtin AIX 5.2 instead vpath). Only one drawback ( for me ;-) ) is no command to release disk lock is packaged with.

SDD support for DS4300 (fastT600 Turbo)

Can you get SDDPCM on AIX5.2 for FastT, or does the Storage Manager 8.4 RDAC for AIX allow for MPIO support. If so can you point me in the direction of some information or documentation.

Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back