Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortkc

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
I am running Frontpage 2000 on an XP workstation. I have tried logging in as three different web developers, and am unable to connect to our web server from this machine. I have confirmed that the PC is on the network, and that no permissions have changed on the Server. The error I am getting is

"The folder ' isn't accessible. The folder may be located on an unavailable volume or protected with a password".

This user can log on at another PC and connect with Frontpage with no errors. Any thoughts? Thanks.

mortkc-
check your lan and connection settings on the xp machine. I have a bunch of XP machines, which communicate fine on the lan, but recently, one-by-one, they lost thier ability to communicate with the dsl hub, even though they networked with eachother fine, even across the hub. I had to physically add the address of the hub to each of these machines. before the fix i could use the "repair connection" and it would work for a while then happen again. I think it had something to do with all of the updates that keep comming for xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back