Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions on Win 2003 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpdg

Programmer
May 23, 2005
US
How do I set up permissions for one person on a Windows 2003 Server?

We have one server dedicated for emergency management that has an Exchange server. The director has a secondary profile in Outlook to which he receives email from this server. I have set up Outlook with the server name and the email account on the server which is resolved by DNS, but then it asks for a username and password.

How do I set the permissions on the server so that Outlook doesn't automatically ask for a username and password?

Is that server part of the same domain as his AD account?

Sorry, I just found out it's not.

Thats why you are prompted.

So how do I get it to stop prompting for the password?

This is a new computer that I am setting up. He has the same setup on the old computer and it doesn't prompt for the username and password when he selects that Outlook profile. And I can't figure out how it was done before. Does it store the username and password internally? Or what do I have to do to get the prompts to stop?

David

Go to Start >Run >type control userpasswords2 >click on the 'Advanced' tab >click the 'Manage' button and add the needed credentials

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back