Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions on Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

delski

MIS
Sep 3, 2003
IE
I have a shared mailbox that has ground quite large over the years. Various users have created and populated folders in the mailbox. Permissions have been assigned by both user and groups over time! Is there any third party tools available to perform adminsitration on the permissions of mailboxes on Microsoft Exchange 5.5. I actually have alot of mailboxes in the same state, some with up to 50 folders!!!

Help please.................

Do you mean to allow someone else to be the administrator?

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

What I'm looking for is a tool or command line utility like PFadmin that can be used on mailboxes. Users have created extra folders in the shared mailboxes and over time permissions have been added. I want to remove all permissions per user and apply them via groups. There are alot of folders\subfolders\etc. I have done this manually on one of the smaller shared mailboxes and it took forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back