Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions not holding in Sybase ASE 11.9.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plarrondo

MIS
Mar 8, 2006
US
I have a question about sybase ASE 11.9.2. The way our current database is setup on Solaris 5.8 OS, is all users are in the "public" group and I have tried to use the REVOKE UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE on dbo.TableName to Username. This is to restrict a user from changing the tables and only reading them. I used this command on several tables last week and it was working. Over the weekend the tables that I had revoked insert, update, and delete had lost the permissions changes. Does anybody have any ideas why this did not hold, I can put it back on but I am wondering if the db is doing a check at night or something and takes the permission changes off? I am not a sybase expert, can anyone give me some helpful tips? Why did the REVOKE permission changes not hold is there an extra step on the REVOKE command to make it permanent?

Thanks,

Paul

Was the table dropped and re-created?

- Paul [batman]
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back