Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

permissions issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

micky500970

Programmer
Jul 9, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am hoping somebody can assist me with a problem. I have just about finished a program using VB6 and Access. I have deployed the DB file on a server which is not part of the school domain. When launching my program I received error messages. The IP in the ado connection string is \\192.168.1.99\bts\db1.mdb.

I imagine this is because the workstation is on a different domain from the server although on the same IP subnet. If i go to run and type in the above IP address i am asked for username and password. Once I have type this in my program works. Is there a way to hard code the username and password in my program.

I know it would be easier to put it on a server inside the domain but they are fully maxed and i would like to keep it outside the domain.

cheers,

mick

Please see my code in thread222-871192 to supply a username and password for connecting to a share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back