Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permissions - Can't Create New Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollier83

Programmer
Jan 10, 2012
US
I feel like my problem is a basic one. I was asked to make a connection to a server that houses several WebFOCUS applications, create an new one with a specified name, and generate a few reports. The problem I'm having is that when I connect and drill down to "Applications", two things occur:

1. I can't see all the applications that other users can, and despite researching permissions I can't figure out how to get access to them.
2. When I right click on "Applications" the "New Application" option is greyed out. Again, despite my research, I can't figure out how to get access.

The users creating reports on that server now aren't tech savvy, and most likely didn't install WebFOCUS themselves. I am using 7.7.03. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back