Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PERMISSION TO CHANGE PASSWORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennie12

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2002
GB
I have a windows 2000 server as PDC and clients connecting are ME, 95, 98 O/S. The problem is that the clients except windows 2000 pro cannot change their passwords. How can i do this so that the individual users from each client can change their password rather than from the server.

When you created users for them there should have been an option to let them change their password. Goto Control Panel->Admin Tools->Computer Management and then goto the users area, which is inside the Computer Management program. Right click on one of the users and select properties or options (forget which :) and it should be under like the permissions tab or something like that. I there are four tabs when you go to the properties of a user and I think it is the first or second one. If you need any more help I'll do my best :).

-CDudd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back