Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission Problems with FTP From DOS to UNIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemama613

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2003
US
I am using FTP in Windows (DOS) to "put" a file onto my unix machine. The file comes to the unix side with the following permissions: -rw-r----- . Yet, if I am sitting in unix (with the exact same login that I use for FTP), and create a file, the permissions are: -rw-rw-r-- , which is really what I want them to be. How can I get the same permissions using FTP? In DOS FTP, there does not seem to be any CHMOD command or UMASK command. Help? THanks.

man ftpd (the -u option)

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

PHV, Hope there was no misunderstanding, bu I am initiating the FTP transfer from DOS not UNIX. Thanks.

And PHV is telling you that the file mask on the resulting file on the unix end is dependent on the parameters used to start the ftp daemon on the unix side.

Yes, and I now apologize fro the misunderstanding on my part...thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back