Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission on Field Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

estoddard

Technical User
Jun 26, 2009
US
I have a form in an ERP application that I need to have some added control on a particular field.
Field Name "STATUS"
It is multiple Drop Down with the following Selections.

Not Started
In Progress
Escalated
Re-open
Closed

I only want select people to be able to "CLOSED" and then Save the record.

The Application uses this field and these selections for a lot of process control, but will not permit me to qualify permissions lower then the form itself.

So I thought a JS Script that I could apply to the form might do the trick...Looking for some creative ideas...

Thank you so much for any help....

Hi

Why not just set those [tt]option[/tt]s you not want to be selectable to [tt]disabled="disabled"[/tt] ?

Or you can put an [tt]onchange[/tt] event handle on the [tt]select[/tt] to reset the selection if an undesired one is selected.

Anyway, you should validate the [tt]form[/tt] data on the server-side too, the JavaScript is just for user friendliness. So I would use the first solution, because the disabled [tt]option[/tt]s are marked distinctly by the browser.

Feherke.

Thanks for the Post, I will let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back