Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission denied on asp page

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin1232

IS-IT--Management
Aug 29, 2001
US
I keep getting a denied from excecuted some database code. So I decided to just through up a message box. I get denied on that too. What special permissions do I need to assign for my ASP pages to run under IIS 5.0 I am accessing the page from my internal network should I be concerned about NTFS permissions? I set the site up for anonymous access.

Thanks

Yes, you should be concerned about NTFS permissions. Even though you setup your web site as Anonymouse access, you need to check the permissions on the actual folder that contains the ASP pages.

ToddWW

What permissions need to be setup. The everyone group has read&excecute, read, and list folder contents. This group includes the IUSER-MachineName account so what permissions are missing.

That should do it !! I can't think of where your problem may lie..

Sorry :-(

ToddWW

Hi Frankin1232

Sounds like the database security has got you!

What database are you trying to use?

If ms-Access, do you have database security enabled?

If so, you may need to put DOMAIN/username in the username
box to have the login succeed!

Gzep, SOF

If you are using SQL Server you need to make sure that you have give correct permissions on the table or stored procedure to the user that you are using to log in. You can connect to SQL Enterprise Manager and then double click on the proc or table and then go to permissions and then select public for that table or sproc and this should allow it to work. Once it works you may wish to go in and limit your permissions based upon the user. If you need any more please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back