Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission Denied in COM+

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpthomas

Programmer
Feb 2, 2002
US
When I set the Identity of my COM+ application to the same network username as the person logged onto the local pc, it works fine.

When I set the Identity of my COM+ application to anything other than the network username of the person logged onto the local pc, I prompts me with "Error 70, Permission Denied".

Does any have a solution for this problem?

Thamks
rpthomas

Check out if the username which u r trying to put have proper permissions.

See if you are created on the COM+ server with the same name and passwd. There is a way to authenticate users on COM : use domains. If you get authenticated on the domain, COM will not fail.

Juan Manuel Contreras
jmcont@hotmail.com

Hi
I have a similar error:
my workstation (nt4) and my server (2000 adv server) are not in a domain and when i try to use my dll i get the object but when i try to pass any data in/out i get "No Permission".
how should i configure the security for that error without
the soulution of using them both in a domain.
thanks
Ilan Ilan Shalem
ishalem@esi.co.il

In the identity of the package give a vaild user information who is having permisions .. so how ever is trying to get connected to that package it will run usder this user account...
srinu...

We had a similar problem. I set up a local Windows 2000 security group. In this group I placed the iusr_<machinename>, iwam_<machinename> groups. I also may have added the componet user for a server application. I also gave the component dll file itself everyone read and execute privilege.
Using the component services, I set up a user roll for the component package and added my new group. Then once your component is added to the package, you have to select the componet tab, then on the right screen select all the componet public methods/functions etc, right-mouse click and select properties and then the security menu tab. Then ensure that the security user you have set up is selected. The rolls are not automatically selected. This may not be the correct way but it seems to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back