Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission denied error help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

croiva25

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
AU
We have a Visual Basic 6 project and asp pages loaded "through it" clicking on a node/link loads a page,recently certain users are getting error "Permission denied" but only when they try to access this web page by clicking on the link the first time, every other time it is fine, and the web page looks exactly the same and we have no problems working/using it but it very annoying not being able to get to the bottom of this error. I am not getting the errror and never have, some machines have SP2 and some don't so that is not the problem or solution.

I am not sure if I need to check for some files I might have on my pc, some sort of web components or something like that?

When you first reach a page that requires permission the server returns a 403 to the browser. Most browsers immediately resubmit the request but this time with their credentials as part of the request header. The browser doesn't need to be told a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back