Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permission Denied: 'CreateObject' for internetexplorer.application

Status
Not open for further replies.

allen99383

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
US
I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction on where to look. In my logon script I use internet explorer to display information to the users on the status of mapping their network drives, etc. It works fine on all machines except one windows 2000 system. It is failing on the line that read:

Set MSIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

I have removed all other lines from the script and tried just creating the MSIE object and it returns the same error.

Error: Permission Denied: 'CreateObject'
Code: 800a0046
Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error.

It occurs whether the user is an admin or a normal user.

Any ideas?

dont use IE to display messages to users as it takes time to load, causes the logonscript to crash if the users has a duff IE etc ;-)

is IE functioning on the machine correctly?

i presume you have got the following in place?

1. in you logonscript error trap on the IE createobject problem (or any other problem for that matter)
2. if you detect an error with IE then use Wscript.Echo to display the information about what your logonscript is doing
3. centrally log that the machine has an IE problem so some can go and fix the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back