Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Permanent autoforward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmobberley

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
GB
We have Outlook 97 clients running off Exchange Server 5.5. While a user was away from the office, I added a rule (on the client) to forward her emails to another user. This worked fine, but on her return I removed the rule and for some reason they continue to autoforward! The second user receives the email with "Autoforwarded by a rule" in bold text, directly after the subject field.
Any suggested would be greatly appreciated - its driving them mad!

Verify that the user has not been set up as a delegate for the other users account. The rule may be set up there as well.

Also, you could remove the profile from the local machine of user a., send an email to that user, and see if user b still gets a copy. At least this way you will know if this is a client side, or server-side rule that is taking place.

Let me know if this helps.

-kulasti

Thanks for the reply. I tried these but no joy. It must be a server-side problem, as even when the user 'A' PC is switched off, user 'B' still gets the autoforwarded emails. I've even tried adding a rule on the client and the server, then removed them to see if it would sort itself out.
As far as I know, when you set forwarding on the exchange server (in delivery options, and deliver to both the original recipient and the other user), it doesn't show the 'Autoforwarded by a rule' text in the forwarded emails.
Looks like I'll have to try something more drastic, like archiving their existing emails/folders, and delete/recreate their accounts, then copy the emails back in. This will surely do it, but take a lot longer than I'd hoped...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back