Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

perl script - 502 bad gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
why would a perl script be throwing a 502 bad gateway error?

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

I tried to see more info by running it local via perl commad line , but that just crashes perl all together?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Free Electronic Dance Music Download

I just had to switch back to a x86 version of ActivePerl myself. It was problematic getting a compiler working easily with the x64 version but it was a snap with the x86 version.

Oh, and your sig doesn't appear to be working as intended:
"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

Free Electronic Dance Music Downloadhttp://dance-music.org
http://dance-music.org

Hi rhash,

Yeah ActiveState have well and truely shot themselves in the foot with their latest versions. I'm so fed up with the x64 v5.14, and the time wasted finding it doesn't work, I'm going to learn PHP next and see if i can rewrite all our perl apps in PHP instead or at least any new ones!

I know about the signature, like many things on this formum, the latest changes broke it and I can't be arsed to do anything about it!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

oh and another heads up I've found the poxy new version v5.14 , using
Code:
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser warningsToBrowser);
doesn't work, also using 'die' without printing a header first now gives a 500 internal server error.

agghhhh!!!!

1DMF said:
also using 'die' without printing a header first now gives a 500 internal server error.
is this with the x86 version as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back