Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

perl precompiled modules for unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

subirp

MIS
Aug 27, 2001
US
perl 5.6 on hpux 11.0

I need some modules beyond the standard set but I've run into a problem trying to compile one of them from source. But then it occured to me, some vendors (like Active State) provide a library of precompiled modules for quick install into their version of Perl. Might that be the case here? The module that's giving me problems is Math::GMP, and it relies on the GNU MP library (libgmp). The latter has multiple ABI's which depend on how it's compiled and I'm having trouble coming up with the right configuration to match the way Perl was compiled, so it keeps giving errors. So if there is a way to get around having to compile this it would really help.

Hi there,

I've come across this problem a number of times when trying to install modules on an HPUX system.

You won't like the way I got around it though.

Compile your own, standard, version of Perl.

This will allow you to compile any module.

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back