Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl PDF::FromHTML fails to create HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

crom08

Programmer
Dec 13, 2011
PH
thread219-1324321

I have successfully installed Perl module PDF::FromHTML from CPAN.

However, it generates the following error when HTML contains nested tables:

C:\Users\CROM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\F7rrvlJWP6.xml: 'TABLE' (border 1) didn't make a node!
Error removing C:\Users\CROM~1\AppData\Local\Temp\F7rrvlJWP6.xml at C:/Perl/lib/File/Temp.pm line 890, <INFILE> line 1.

I was wondering if there is any workaround for this. Anyone? :)

Thought it rung a bell, personally i'd give up. the module doesn't work properly and seems to handle such basic HTML that it isn't worth beating yourself up trying to get it to work.

In the end I used , if you link back to their site, you can get it free!

It has an API for web apps , though I beleive I had to use PHP and perl to get it to work, but once you have it installed it really does work like a charm.

I have yet to find a perl module that is capable of creating PDF's from web pages!

Hope it helps and get's you PDFing!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

MIME::Lite TLS Email Encryption - Perl v0.02 beta

I just had a thought on the way home, it wasn't PHP, it was the ASP API I used!

If you are running IIS with activestate perl (as I am) , it isn't a problem!

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"

MIME::Lite TLS Email Encryption - Perl v0.02 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back