Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl modules build Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachanta

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
US
Hi All,

I build following perl modules on solaris 2.6 few years ago now since we are migrating to new hardware I wanted to rebuild the modules. Perl 5.005_03 is currently running on the new Hard ware. Now I want to procede wit hrequired modules I was able to download libnet-1.13.tar.gz,
TermReadKey-2.21.tar.gz,Time-HiRes-1.43.tar.gz from CPAN.org but I don't see the other modules and I was able to find only perl5.005_03.tar.gz file. this file if I am right builds perl binary but perl is already there on my system So what is the best way to install other modules like File:BaseName, File:COPY, POSIX etc. Where do I find them? Thanks in advance.

Ram

Hello bpinos,

Thanks for your quick response but on my server I have perl
5.005_03 already installed now the modules I said. I go to cpan to the link you said I don't find the download link. How to download the required modules.

For all the modules for above version of perl it is directing to perl5.005_03.tar.gz, so my question is is this will build all the modules I required? Let us say POSIX is the one I am looking for on solaris version 2.6 and perl5.005_03.tar.gz.

The link takes me to the documentatio but not to the module.

Please let me know how U can get the module files?

Thanks,

Ram

Bryan

yes I see the source what sholud I do to install the modules from the source file?

I just end up installing perl 5.0005-03 version it looks like some of the modules imentioned above are part the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back