Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

perl-mason problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackTheRussel

Programmer
Aug 22, 2006
FI
Hi. I'm not sure is this the correct forum, but I couln't find any mason section.

I'm trying to set up the perl-mason. I have FC5 and My apache version is 2.0 and I have installed perl-HTML-Mason 1.69.

Now when I try to add this line:
Code:
PerlModule HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
<LocationMatch "(\.html|\.txt)$">
    PerlSetVar MasonCompRoot "/var/[URL unfurl="true"]www/html"[/URL]
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler HTML::Mason::ApacheHandler
</LocationMatch>

to the httpd.conf file I'll get error when I try to go to localhost:
Code:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And the error.log says:

Code:
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] Could not create '/etc/httpd/mason/obj/.__obj_create_marker': Permission denied\nStack:\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/Interp.pm:222]\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/Interp.pm:169]\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/Interp.pm:155]\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Class/Container.pm:329]\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/Class/Container.pm:53]\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm:633]\n  [/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm:412]\n  [(eval 30):6]\n  [-e:0]\n

I have tried to chmod 777 all folders, but I still get this error. What could I do ?

I think I would try this question in the apache forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those Who Say It Cannot Be Done Are Usually Interrupted by Someone Else Doing It; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back