Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl lib versions don't match

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrxaFon

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2007
US
This is the error message I am getting when trying to run perl scripts:

Perl lib version (v.5.8.3) doesn't match executable version (v5.8.8) at f:\oracle\10.2.0\db_1\perl\5.8.3\lib\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread/config.pm line 32. Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

What I know:
I installed active perl (v5.8.8) on a Windows 2003 server because the installation that came with Oracle 10g didn't seem to be working. I only use perl to perform the Oracle patch installations and know little about it otherwise. That being said, I was able to intall the Oracle patches but in attempting to run the Oracle Enterprise Manager, it baulks and the web browser can't load the page.

So, since I can see that the perl library versions are clashing, I decided to uninstall the 5.8.8 version. However, in following the directions for manually removing it, I deleted the folder (including subfolders) for active perl 5.8.8 and also deleted the registry keys.

What did I miss, and how do I clean this up? I am hesitant to delete the v5.8.3 but am willing to reinstall it from the Oracle disks. Is this the best way or is there a simple fix?

Thanks for reading.
t-

/triska

From that message, it seems that you're still trying to run a 5.8 version of perl.exe even though you say it's been removed.

C:\>perl -v
will tell you what version is in your path.

Also, check your PATH environment variable, maybe you have two perl paths in there -

C:\>echo %path%

Another thing - if you're running scripts on a machine other than the server, the version of perl on your local machine will be invoked unless you run it with the full path to perl.exe on the server (like C:\>F:\Perl\bin\perl.exe script.pl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back