Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantel

IS-IT--Management
Jul 20, 2001
US
I downloaded perl 5.6.1 from sunfreeware
and installed with pkgadd. Perl 5 is a prerequisite
for openssl. When I do the ./config for openssl
it tells me that I need perl 5.

Several people have suggested I look to $PATH problems
but I can't get the hang of it from the examples I've seen.
I am using Solaris 2.5.1-Sparc.

Can anyone help on this one?

You need to be sure that you're picking up the correct version of perl.

At the command line (with the same environment as you are using when trying to install ssl) type

which perl

this will make a (not terribly smart, but probably correct) guess at the copy of perl you're picking up. If it is not picking up a version of perl > 5.0 then you'll need to add the location of perl to your path (probably in your .login .profile or .cshrc), the change will take effect with the next new shell; or add it to your current path with whatever the correct syntax is for the shell you're using, e.g.

prompt% setenv PATH /new/dir/bin:$PATH

then try running the script again.

Looking at the config script for openssl 0.9.6b (which may not be the one you're using, but I'll assume the config script is similar), the error is probably being generated around line 569 having failed the tests on the preceding twenty or so lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back