Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl DBI install, or lack of! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmatalan

Programmer
Jun 28, 2004
GB
Help! I'm trying to install the DBI module on two systems, one a Windows 2000 PC and one a Solaris server. Neither have internet access so I can't use the ppm or CPAN methods.

I've downloaded DBI-1.25 but as I can't use make (or nmake), cl, ppn or CPAN I'm starting to get annoyed. I just need some more sleep I'm sure and then I could sort it out, but if anyone could let me know an easy and quick way to install it (e.g. copy the right files to the right place which I've done before) then please let me know.

Mr Tired.....

you can point ppm to the download area to use that as a repository - read that once

Solaris, dunno

--Paul

It's important in life to always strike a happy medium, so if you see someone with a crystal ball, and a smile on their face ... smack the fecker

PaulTeg,

Any idea how I can get Expect to install through PPM, I'm having a similar problem to figmatalan.

I've tried using the CPAN mirror sites as repositories however, when I search for expect (i.e. 's expect') it returns the message 'No matches for 'expect'; see 'help search'.'

Which mirror do you think would be best to use??

Thanks in advance.

Rob Waite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back