Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl code formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPKIND

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
IN
Hi All,

I am new to Perl and have put a small perl script together. Since I have not setup all the formatting options while writing the code, the if loops and their other conditions start at the start of the line which makes it difficult to read and understand.

So I am trying to use VIM to see if I can get it auto formatted so it can improve the readability by adjusting the brackets and indentation etc.

I remember doing this a few days ago by highlighting the text and using some command in vim, but now I am unable to recollect this.

Can someone help me with this cmd or let me know any other ways of formatting the code to make it more readable etc

Cheers
TIA
KPKIND

Trojan!

Welcome back [smile]

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back