Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

perl beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxzombiexxx

Technical User
Jan 8, 2002
US
could someone point me to a beginners tutorial on how to install, configure, and run perl on windows 2000 sp3?

I have the latest version of activeperl but im not so sure i installed it right. Is this a good version of perl or could someone recommend another if they know a better one?

Im runnins IIS 5.0 and hosting my own web site and want to add a form that will be sent to my email address.

Not sure how to configure perl to run on IIS, but you can test your install by running a simple command line prog. From the command prompt, type:

perl -e print"'hello, world'"
#you need the double & single quotes for it to work from a dos prompt, at least on mine anyway ;)

If it prints, um, "hello, world", then you're golden. Well, at least you'll know perl is (probably) installed correctly. The only thing you'll need to do is configure it with IIS, which I can't help ya with...sry. :)

You can also type set at the command prompt. The environment variable PATH should have something like C:\Perl\bin, among other things, in it.

Also check c:\{PathToPerlFolder}\html\install.html, this should give you good info on whether you did the install correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back