Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perl & LWP - responses are being marked as PRIVATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheObserver

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hello. I have a unique situation that hopefully someone can help me solve.

I have a Perl script that needs to call out to a URL through a Netscaler/Proxy/Caching Mechanism to make the response from the call get seeded into the Netscaler/Proxy/Cache.

I've got LWP incorporated into my script to do the call. In one case I'm doing a POST call, and in another I'm doing a GET. In regard to the GET call, I send out the request and get the response and it is marked as PRIVATE.

My question is, is this there a LWP param/config setting that can be used to make these responses NOT private? Or is this most likely being set by the Netscaler/Proxy/Caching Mech?

Thanks for your time.

When you say it is marked as PRIVATE, what do you mean? I don't see PRIVATE as one of the standard HTTP status codes here
Can you give a bit more detail?

Steve

[small]"Every program can be reduced by one instruction, and every program has at least one bug. Therefore, any program can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." (Object::perlDesignPatterns)[/small]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back