Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

peripheral recognition problems xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobthebuilder69

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
GB
The main problem, which has been bugging me for ages, is with my computer automatically recognising devices when they are plugged in. This is both USB and PCI.

For example I have a digital camera which, when plugged into any other windows xp computer, is automatially recognised. On my computer however, when plugged in, tells me in the yellow bubble (bottom right) that a 'kodak cx7330 etc' camera has been found but then there is a problem with the installation and it does not work. If I then go to the device manager the camera is in the 'imaging devices' group but with an exclamtion mark and says that no drivers have been found.

This also happens when I have bought and installed additional USB 2.0 ports into an empy PCI slot. They are not recognised even with the driver disks etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if any computer specifications or anything else is needed just ask.
thanks

Steven

The usb drivers for the products or of my system?

thanks for the reply by the way.

First, remove the PCI USB board. Do the native USB ports work? If not, go into device manager - on the "view" tab, click on "show all devices" - scroll down to the USB section - remove ALL the USB devices listed. Reboot and see if Windows has reinstalled the native USB drivers. If the ports work now, go on and install the PCI card. Now see if all the ports work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back