Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PeriodToDate not working when no data in month

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliask

Programmer
Feb 19, 2009
GR
I've created a PeriodToDate calculated field in my cube to add the sales of a product from the start of the year and I'm using a Time Hierarchy Year-Month to show it. The calculated field has no empty behavior field. I left it blank.

I have the following problem. Lets say I have 2 products A and B and A has sales on Jan and Feb, but B has only sales in Jan. When I show the data and I drill down to month I get the correct PTD for every month till Dec. But when I apply a filter to show only Feb then only product A is shown and B which has no sales in Feb is not showing. But it should be shown with the PTD having only the JAN data. So the total PTD for Feb is not correct. I actually miss the JAN sales of product B.

Is there a workaround for this. Every effort was unsuccessful.

ilias k.

The problem has been solved after a hint from someone.
The PTD calculated field was build on a [Time].[Year - Month] hierarchy. But I was filtering the data using two filters. [Time].[Year] (works ok) and [Time].[Month of Year] that caused the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back