Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

period in userid for mysql connectionstring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokkie

MIS
Nov 21, 2001
NL
Hi,

I need to connect to a mysql database with the mysql connector from mysql.com. My webserver admin has given me a logon name and password to connect to the database, and for some reason there's a period in the logon name:

"hoorspelfabriek.nl"

When I try to connect, I get the error message that the user is denied access, and behind that the portion of the username up to and including the point (but without the 'nl' bit). I can connect fine using the myphpadmin application on the webserver.

Does the UserID (or UID) parameter in the connectionstring not take periods? I've tried using single quotes and square brackets but no use, still access denied.

Or can I not use the login name and password for myphpadmin as logon credentials from a C# application?

Any help on this greatly appreciated.

Hi Malay,

no I didn't but I have now. Thanks for the link. The article is about connection to MySql using PHP scripting language rather than through C# code, so not directly helpful but at least it got me thinking about using php scripting as well.

Anyway, I think I'll experiment a little more with escape sequences, and update this thread with the result.

Any other ideas still welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back