Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PerformancePiont Dashboard: adding a Filter to a hyperlink KPI

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackman99

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
GB
Hi,
Following the instructions found in
I can create a link to bring up a webpage. However the design of our dashboard is based on 2 different Scorecards (each with their own KPIs) using a Filter to decide which scorecard to show. What I am trying to do is to use the Fitler as another parameter to be passed over to the redir.aspx page so that depending on which scorecard is selected the correct webpage is called up. What I have found is that the OverridingURL does not get cleared when the filter is changed so that the param passed over could be along the lines of:
OverridingURL = scorecard1Kpi1webpage.rdl;scorecard2Kpi1webpage.rdl
Im hoping that if the Filter Display Value / Member UniqueName can be passed over then the code in the redirt.aspx just needs to be modified to
String Filtname = Request.Params["Display Name"];
String reff = Request.Params("OverridingURL");

If (Filtname=="scorecard1")
...do code to check OverridingURL is not null and then call
report 1
if else (Filtname="scorecard2")
...as above but call report 2

Having a seperate Property for each Scorecard does not work as the properties do not get cleaned out when I switch scorecards so the 1st report will always get called

Cheers

Forgot to mention that the problem I'm having is that
String Filtname = Request.Params["Display Name"];
or
String Filtname = Request.Params["Member UniqueName"];
does not return any values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back