Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Tuning and Planning Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecrack

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
Does anybody know of a way to get statistics on the number of selects, inserts, and updates per table in database for given period of time?

I am looking to separate tables into distinct filegroups running on separate disks.

Thanks

profiler would be a good tool to use - save trace to a table, then run a query on it - set up the trace to filter for the events you wish to capture

Yep, profiler would be the way.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

So, if I want to capture all the inserts,updates, and deletes on all tables, what events should I trace in Profiler? SQL Statement Completed?

How is the information saved to a table? Will I be able to query for all inserts on a given table and count them?

Thanks for the help

there are a few possible categories - rpc, sql stmt completed, etc - you will just have to experiment with it, look at the filters, too

you will have the option of saving to table when you set up the trace - it's pretty self-explanatory once you run through it

try to keep number of things traced to a minimum, though - to minimize overhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back