Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Trend and Excel XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcial4

Programmer
Jan 7, 2003
VE
I installed a Unicenter TNG Worldview (ver. 2.4) in my Windows XP based computer, and when I try to install perfomance trend and performance scope, my setup said you'll need excel, but even I have Excel XP installed on it, setup can't find the application and the installation fail... How can I running Performance trend and performance scope with Excel XP? Need I to apply PTF to recognize Excel XP???

THere is a known issue with Excel XP contact support or try loading an older version of Excel. I use Excel2002 SP-2 and it works fine.

XP and 2003 won't work. you have to use an earlier version of Excel

Performance Trend doesnt work with Excel 2003 at least when in my testing. think it is because Excel 2003 is more xml based that the macro from CA just has had a hard time installing itself. I know it will work successfully with Office XP with SP2. I havent used the PrfTrend module from 2.4 only from 3.0 and 3.1.

There is a fix for this. See fix QO56120 for performance configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back