Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

irweazel

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
GB
I am investigating performance issues on our file server - G4 DL360 connected to MSA1000 array

I am trying to find possible reasons so far any tools i have used indicate that there is any issue with writing between the Virtual and Phyical memory - Goes in peaks and troughs which would indicate a lot of user activity at one time but would like to see if performance can be improved during these times or if there is something i am missing - any tools that would be useful to troubleshoot this

THe MSA runs over fibre, the Disks are 15K 146GB HP branded
the DL360 has 4GB of RAM

it's hard to convey five-dimensional ideas in a language evolved to scream defiance at the monkey in the next tree

This is a pretty loaded question since you haven't indicated what exactly is running on this server. Start with the following; Go to the task manager to check what apps/processes are consuming the most memory.. check for possible driver leaks. Hope this helps.

sorry Server 2003 R2 with latest serivcves packs and fixes on

The only stuff that is running on there is mcaffe - with on access not runnig as that was hogging some memeory and slowing down read/write speeds

AS for that there is nothing mainly svchost and other system processes

it's hard to convey five-dimensional ideas in a language evolved to scream defiance at the monkey in the next tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back