Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Issue Using FindFirst with Access tables vs.SQL tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netooi

Programmer
May 15, 2002
US
Hello, I have a question dealing with performance problems when using the VB FindFirst command. When I use this command on tables in Access I have around 3x faster performance than when i use the FindFirst command on SQL attached tables. I have noticed significant improvement in times when opening recordsets as snapshots vs dynasets, but still have the same performance problem... Its more like 5 or more times faster on dynasets than snapshots.

My problem is that in a database i'm working on there are quite a few times that I call FindFirst on some SQL attached tables and i need to use dynasets.. I need to know if there is a better way to retrieve the records from SQL attached tables and a short explantion of how to do so, and I would also be grateful if anyone could explain the reason behind the performance difference...
Thanks,
Netooi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back