Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance - Internet Explorer 6.x and MSTR 8.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

compgeec

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2006
US
I am experiencing exceptionally bad 8.0.1 Web BI (standard) performance on some client machines using Internet Explorer 6.x.

Does anyone know of IE issues that would effect performance?

Also, are there any known MSTR or IE incompatabilities?

Thanks,
compgeec

Hi - this has been resolved

In case this helps someone in the future, here are the steps our team used to fix the problem. (Note a new 8.0.1 MSTR install on new servers).

In IIS on the web server, we looked at the properties of the setting 'web sites'. We checked the box 'Enable anonymous access', created a user called IUSR_<server_name> (not sure what we used for a password), and checked the box 'Integrated Windows authentication'.

We added IUSR to the Security Properties on the Web server folder called 'Web ASP'. We also added a user called IWAM<server_name> and granted the same access to this user. I think it was read/write.

Bounced IIS.

We tested on several machines and our performance with Internet Explorer was fantastic! We reversed the changes to see if my performance was degraded and it was. So, again we made the changes and tested again. Success!

My users are SO happy (so is my CIO!!).

compgeec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back