Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaw

Technical User
Jun 5, 2001
GB
Which of the following is able to obtain performance info from a management information base maintained by a router.
TDR

SNMP

WIN NT performance monitor, or WIN NT network monitor.

I amnot sure on this one. I would think snmp is what you would use since it defines how network devices communicate. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

It depends on what sort of s/w tools you are using I think. If you are using something along the lines of HP OpenView, then I would think you need to use SNMP to interact with the MIBs on your interface cards. As far as I know, a TDR for example won't interact with MIBs (although my one is fairly old, so I could be wrong), it will only give you statistics and information relating to your wire traffic, noise, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back