Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Performance and login problems (WIN XP + WIN 2K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon21

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2002
CA
First, let's me explain my network situation:
I have two sites with two independant DSL connections and each protected by DSL router. The routers are configurate fine and clients have no problems for authenticate a VPN connection. My server is behind one of these LAn network, it is a WEB SERVER, VPN SERVER running RAS BUT no DNS and DHCP services are installed because it is only an internal server taking IPs from my router that run a DHCP server.. ALL MY PORTS are well configurated in my router.

Now here is my problem:

When I try to connect with a WIN XP client, I must enter 2 series of user and password: 1 for the VPN connection and the second for accessing the shared ressources.

With windows 2000 I do not have this problem, the client keeps his rights when the VPN authentification is make.

And if I connect to the shared ressources with WINXP, it takes about 5 minutes to only see the shared directories ( PERFORMANCE PROBLEM.)

Does someone can help me resolve one of theses problems?? THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back