Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

performance alerts question

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezy6902

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2003
US
Anyone have an idea on how i can use the built in performance logs and alerts report a broken mirror on my 2000 and 2003 boxes? Or any other reporting tool that can trigger my batch prog.. I want to use whats packaged into microsoft if possible.

Any ideas out there? I really am looking for another way than using the management tools from the raid package. its just more overhead i dont want to deal with.

Thanks,

Ben

The link below should help. There are a number of utils (all Microsoft) which can be scripted to check the status of your arrays. In essence they give a command line version of Disk Manager.

If you can script the status of your array you can output to a log file and email to whoever.

Diskpart what you were recommending? If so its just not going to work because it has to be run locally. I cannot use rcmd either and i cannot have it trigger a bat like the "logs and alerts" allows in the w2k3 and w2k...

Im really looking for sdome way to monitor for a broken mirror and trigger a bat just like the alerts section allows you to do for selected threshholds you configure and tons of various counters.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back