Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perform graphicals operations on 2d images on a website 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paco75

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hi there,

We produce doors and windows and i want to build a website to allow our clients to choose the doors/windows they want. They put a picture of their house and choose a door/window and place it over the picture and scale it to fit the actual size of the picture.

I have a programmer background but i pretty newbie in web development... any advice on how i can achieve this? What technologies i should use? Any library/framework.

here is a link that does pretty much the same we want to do... This one is a doors company.

Thanks

The site of the link i provided seem to be made in ASP .Net ... is there anything else similar to ASP .Net in open source?

Paco,

Keith has given you a good suggestion. Flash does seem like an obvious choice in this case.

That said, the site you quoted appears to be built mainly with JQuery, so that might be worth considering as well.

The fact that the site runs under ASP.Net is probably irrelevant. The point is that you should be looking at client-side technologies (since the requirement is essentially for user interaction within the browser), which is why Flash and JQuery are possible candidates.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips, training, consultancy

Ok thanks to both of you i will have a look to flash and jquery as start point.

I looked at the source for the site... definitely JQuery/Javascript on that. It's not doing any ASP postbacks or anything else that I could see that would indicate that .NET was necessary.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back