Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PerfNet Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyposmurf

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
GB
I keep finding that I'll be using MSN messenger service and the msn will freeze up and then my webpages will die saying this page cannot be displayed.My internet connection is then not working.I'll redial and the pages wont liven up again,my ADSL internet wont connect!If I reboot I'm fine and can dial up fine but then the problem after a while will rear its ugly head and same situation again!I've looked at my application log in my Windows"Event viewer".This is most of the text I have displyed:
Source:perfNet
Type:Error
EventID: 2002
Desc5ription:
Unable to open the Redirector service.Redirector performance data will not be returned.Error code returned is in fata DWORD 0.
Data: Bytes 0000: 34 00 00 co 4..A
Can anyone help or offer me a solution to my problem?Whats going on?

Install the service "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" under the Network Connection, Properties sheet for your DSL connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back