Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perfect Score! 70-299 Scored a 1000! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MITPRO

IS-IT--Management
Jan 4, 2006
US
I took the 70-299 today. I got a perfect score! This is my first perfect. If you guys don't beleive that i will scan my results and post it as an attachment. I was offerd a teaching position right after the CIO saw my results. I thought it could not be done by anyone. He could not beleive it. Here are my scores as of today.

Passed 70-270 with a 900
Passed 70-290 with a 885
Passed 70-291 with a 940
Passed 70-293 with a 865 Tough Test
Passed 70-294 with a 905
Passed 70-299 with a 1000
Pending 70-298

I study testout, Sybex 70-299 book, Measureup, for at least one full week. I took the 70-299 course at a training school. I tested a lot of the technology in my environement which now has placed more security in my company.

This test was 30 questions. Know policies that deal with security and know how to implement CA's.

Do not pray to have an easier life, pray to be a stronger man!!!

B.S. Computer Information Systems
Masters of Information Technology in Network Security
CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+,
MCP, MCSA: Security
70-298 (In-Progress)
70-299 (Passed)
MCTS: Exchange Server 2007 (Pending)
MCTS: Server 2008 (Pending)
MCTS: Windows Vista (Pending)

COngratulations!!!!!

You should feel really great about that.

Chris
IT Manager
Houston, Texas

I most definetly feel good about that. It was so shocking. I sat in front of the computer for 5 minutes looking at the score. I knew i passed the exam halfway through, but not a perfect score. I answered every question with confidence.

Let me ask this, has anyone ever score a perfect score on any of the microsoft exams? I am sure this has been done.

70-298 (In-Progress)
70-299 (Passed)

Congratulations!

To answer your question, I know a guy who got perfect scores on 5 of his 7 exams for MCSE on 2003. But he went to one of those 2 week boot camps where they give you all of the answers, you study them backwards and forwards, then immediately take the exam.

The best that I've ever done personally was a 960 or 970, and I think that was also on the 70-299. Well done!

Wow...so the bootcamps give you all the answers huh? I am glad i never did those. That really takes away from your knowledge if you are just starting. Maybe for those that have been working with Server 2003 for about 5 years and just want to get through it, then maybe, but it still takes away from details. Thanks for your response.

70-298 (In-Progress)
70-299 (Passed)

I don't think that all boot camps do that, but some certainly do. You've done enough of the exams, so you that someone couldn't learn everything that they need to know in order to pass 7 exams in only 2 weeks. I'm going through them as fast as I can and I'm still taking at least a week per exam (usually two weeks or more) just reviewing.

On one hand I understand their philosophy, in that by studying the right answers and wrong answers you can learn what makes them right and what makes them wrong. But I just don't think that's a very good replacement for actually understanding the technology. Not to mention, supposedly you can be banned from MS certifications for life for compromising the integrity of an exam (aka, cheating). In my opinion, getting the answers before taking the exam certainly counts as cheating.

At any rate, congratulations again on your score. I'm glad that you earned it.

Thanks, i appreciate it.

70-298 (In-Progress)
70-299 (Passed)

I took the 70-298 on 3/18. I got a 968! Here are my scores as of today.

Passed 70-270 with a 900
Passed 70-290 with a 885
Passed 70-291 with a 940
Passed 70-293 with a 865 Tough Test
Passed 70-294 with a 905
Passed 70-299 with a 1000
Passed 70-298 with a 968

Microsoft Certified Sytems Engineer: Security

CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+
MCSE: Security

MCITP: Exchange Server 2007 (Pending)
MCITP: Server 2008 (Pending)

Congratulations! Did you use Testout also? Is there any other way to get hold with their EBT aside from paying almost 2k?

Not that i know of. My company paid for my package. I also find Train Signal a really good product as well. Even though they both cost, it is still worth your money. It is better than spending almost 8k for some training school. YOu have instructors and material to study from. You can also download a free copy of VMWare workstation; install XP or Server 2003 and do some practice for yourself. I am currently testing Server 2008 w/o Hyper-V and Exchange 2007 before i actually study fully and test on it. Working knowledge gets you ahead in this field.

Congratulations! My 70-298 (final exam that I need for MCSE:Security) is Monday.

Let me know how you do on the exam

Just passed it this morning. Hello, fellow MCSE:Security professionals!

I will say that I think that the actual 70-298 was much easier than the TestOut practice 70-298. Since the official exam limits your time on a per-case study basis then I think it's a lot easier to manage the time. I only got the 5-minute warning once.

Since I'm a fast reader I had time to quickly skim through all of the materials before looking at any of the questions, even though that's not the "recommended" methodology. I think that I also lucked out because every one of the case-studies at at least one question on WSUS or MBSA (i.e., easy), and several of them had both! That's somewhere between 25-30% of the questions.

Congratulations! Glad to hear you have accomplished all requirments. By the way, you can change your Certification profile to jusr MCSE: Security. This lets everyone know you have already accomplished the MCSA. Unless you have taken an additional exam on another specialization, you do not have to put MCP. I am studying for Server+, but i am also testing Server 2008 and Exchange 2007 in a Virtual environment using VMWare Workstation. You should consider doing this so you will know installation and configuration before you actually begin seriously studying for the exams.

Definitely. I had been experimenting with 2008 in a VM on my workstation ever since I took that upgrade exam class last month. I actually just ordered a new server last week to be my 2008 test platform. I have the 2008 MCTS 'upgrade' exam scheduled for April 14th. I may push it back a bit, but my goal is to finish the upgrade and Vista exams by the end of April, so I'll be ready when the EA exam is released. I should be able to finish MCITP:Enterprise Admin by the end of May.

WOW...What material are you using to prepare? Of course i cannot use testout becasue they are behind on putting out the software. I trying to have my upgrade exam takne by the first of may. This is why i am playing around with it. Especially with the Second chance at least i can see what might be on it if i do not make it first round. I am trying to be MCITP in it as well.

I just finished installing the core installation in VMware. I already installed the Full Installation and installed Exchange Server 2007. Now i want to practice the Powershell commands for the core. Let me know what you are using so i can be on my grind as well.

Groupware is going to be a big thing with these new certifications....Exchange server 2007, Sharepoint 2006 or 7..etc

I went to a 2008 Partner Preview class last month that was basically a 3-day prep for the upgrade exam, and I still have the student manual for it. That will be my primary training resource, along with the hands-on with VMs. If I'm not mistaken there are also some links to learning resources on the MCP site that point to the Microsoft Learning site. I think there are some Server 2008 tutorials/web training there as well.

It's going to be a lot harder to do it without TestOut (not to mention the years of experience), but with the free retake I'm not too worried.

Ah, here's the link I was talking about:

There are some free Server 2008 clinics, as well as an upgrade "e-learning class" that you can get for $320.00. I haven't taken it yet, but it sounds like a pretty decent bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back