Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perfect curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topic

MIS
Mar 11, 2005
US
I am trying to design a pipe with a curve but i am not sure how to get a perfect curve where the pipe bends.
Figure 1 in the image that i attached shows the drawing of the pipe i have drawn manually using circles with the pathfinder tool like the Fig 2 shows. Even though Fig 1 looks pretty good to the eye, i want to know if there is a mathematical calculation i can use from the bigger circle to scale it down to the inner smaller circle so it would be mathematically correct instead of having it optically correct? Fig 3 shows that I tried to draw the pipe using a 1 pt stroke (which looks good) but as you can see when i set the stroke to make my thicnkess that i like (37 pt in this case) the inner part of the curve does not look perfect so i don't think that is a good way out. Thanks

Seems like the image did not go through, try this link
Untitled-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back