Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Percents in Cross Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustell

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
I am relatively new to creating Cognos reports and I am having trouble getting percents into a cross-tab.

The report is the count of support incidents handled by a support rep for each day listed on the report. That part I have no trouble creating. The problem is that I (well the support manager) would like to have the percent of the total incidents each rep handled each day.

Here is an example of the report.

Rep 4/7/03 % 4/8/03 % 4/9/03 %
-----------------------------------------------------
Pat B 3 30% 4 40% 2 20%
Jen M 3 30% 3 30% 5 50%
Ken A 4 40% 3 30% 3 30%
-----------------------------------------------------
TOTAL 10 10 10

Is it possible to add percents to a crosstab in this manor? I can solve this problem by creating a stored procedure to return the record set as I need it, but I would much rather create it completely in Cognos.

Thank in advance for any help you can give.

Pat B

Yes, there is a percent of base calculation that you can use in your report.

For example if you click on a column that represents both a date and the number of incidents, clicking the calculate menu should show a "percent of base" calculation.

Select it and choose "Total" as your base. This should yield the result you're looking for.

Good Luck!

-Charles

Thanks.

I was able to just recently get sort of what they wanted, just displayed a little differently (better, if you ask me).

Since there is not a lot of names, I moved the names to the columns and the dates to the rows. At that point I was able to get the percent value the Manager was looking for.

Pat B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back