Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Percentage of SIP ports to users on the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

foneguy8

Programmer
Feb 8, 2007
US
Does anyone know if there are any standards for how many media cards/SIP ports you should have compared to the number of IP phones you have on your system?

Depends on the cards and what it is used for.

One of our sales departments has 3 times more lines than our IT department, despite having less staff. So as you can see dpends on what is required, you question is simply to vague.

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

Ahh you cross posted in the Meridan forum as well. As you can see, as you haven't stated it's a Meridian in the question, so it was all a bit to vague.

Write out a hundred times.

I must not cross post
I must not cross post......

:)

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

sorry for the cross post, but I got no reply in the Viop forum. this question is regarding a Nortel CS1000 MG version 5.0.
I know these numbers depend on the call volume, and Ip-Tdm ratios, but my upper management team is asking for some kind of "standard".
Thank you for your time.
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back