Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Percentage of Resolved Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

olushow

MIS
Jul 26, 2006
US
I am having serious difficulties in trying to do a percentage of Resolved Cases. My report pulls all cases within a specified date range.

So far I did the following.

Created the following formula - //Resolved

Code:
If {HPD_Help_Desk.Status} in ["Resolved", "Closed"]
Then 

Then I created a 'Sum' Summary of the formula.

I tried to create a running total as follows

field to Summarize - Table.Incident Number

Evaluate - - x-2 - use a formula
Code:
{@Resolved} <> 0

I've several suggestions, none seem to have worked.

What should be my next task, assuming the Running total is ok.

Based on your description, I'm not sure you need the running total. To get the percentage of closed cases, put this formula in the report footer:

Sum ({@Resolved}) % count({Table.IncidentNumber})

If that's not what you're looking for, please provide more specific info.

I created a formula to capture the weekending of a specific week. I then created a group based on this formula. I want to be able to give a percentage of cases resolve within each week.. The problem i have is that it is giving the same percentage for every different week. What should I do to the formula to make it give accurate values. I used the formula you suggested and placed it in the group footer.

Group name is Weekending

The previous formula would work in the report footer, in case you also need a percentage for all weeks.

The group footer formula becomes:

Sum ({@resolved}, {@Weekending})%Count ({Table.IncidentNumber}, {@Weekending})

It's often easier to create the sum and count summaries, even though they won't be displayed - then they appear as objects in the formula editor and you can just double click them into your percentage formula.

I keep on getting there must be a group that matches this field. Should I be putting the group names in the formula or the formulas themselves.?

If you create the summaries for the group footer first - a sum of the formula, and a count of the incidents - then when you go into the formula editor for the percentage calculation you should see:

E Group #1 @WeekEnding - A:Sum of @Resolved
E Group #1 @WeekEnding - A: Count of Table.Incident

Then just double click the count one, add a percent sign, and double click the sum one. Then you'll see the proper syntax if you ever just want to type the formula in directly. But to answer your question, you need to include the group name, which in your case is a formula name.

If you don't see the above entries in the formula editor, then you have probably placed the summary fields in the report footer instead of the group footer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back