Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Perc 5/i - Foreign configuration found on adapter error. No Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlchris2

Technical User
Mar 18, 2005
US
this morning I found my PE 2950 unresponsive. So I rebooted and upon POST, I received an error msg;

"foreign configuration found on adapter. Press any key to continue or C to load utility."

I choose "C" and proceeded to load utility. I received another message that stated the VD would be placed offline...

When I loaded the utility I noticed 2 VD groups with Offline status and 4 our of 6 drives are missing. When I went to examine the individual drives it shows drives 0 and 2 as online and part of DG0, but the remaining 4 drives are showing foreign.

I am currently searching online for an answer... don't want to call Dell yet (have to pay for support as warranty has lapsed).

I read on the documentation for PERC 5/i that I could import foreign config but don't have an option to in RAID utility.

any idea what it could be? how to recover.

Mark C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back