Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Per Seat Licensing within Workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

WIPWCB

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
CA
We have a windows 2000 Server with 50 CAL's. We were setting the licensing up as per seat. Currently we are running this server as a Workgroup instead of a Domain. When i added the license for this, i now receive the following error when trying to access the License Manager
"To open licensing, you must be an adminstrator of the domain on which license information is stored for your network. If you are the server's administrator, use the Licensing option in Control Panel to manage licensing on this server.

I think that licensing is available only on domain controllers , and with that goes a domain too. Then as a domain admin you will be able to manage licensing.

Thanks. Do you know if there is any way to undo the licensing that was setup. I cannot remove it as i keep getting that error message.

Something else. When initially setting up i chose Per Seat licensing. When i went into the License Manager, it showed up as 1 unlicensed usage. Is this because i didn't go and manually add a new license for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back