Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Per Call CPN block

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty773

Technical User
Jan 3, 2002
US
I have an OLD Definity. G3csiV8. It has straight t-1's in it installed as Tie trunks from Qwest. I need to be able to block outbound caller ID on a call by call basis. I programmed a FAC code of 123 for per call CPN block. On page 2 of the trunk form I programmed *67 (the code noted as Qwest caller id block code) in the Per Station CPN block code. I get a fast busy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The is three areas which must be set up for CLI to work outwards towards the PSTN.

In the station form "send CPN number"

In the trunk form "send number". Please note that when the send number is set to "yes" the format field opens. here you must use either "unknown" or "public" - this depends on your service provider

also put the setup in on change public numbering.

You do not mention what phones you are using. On the digital and IP phones you can assign a CPN blk and cpn unblk
button and program the relevant feature codes in the change features table

hope this helps

If it is a non-ISDN T-1, you should be able to dial the TAC of the trunk group (as long as "dial access" is turned on in the trunk group form), get access to the trunk, and dial a number. Try that without the *67 first to make sure it does work. If it does, try it again with the *67. Then at least you'll know if that is really the correct code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back