Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEP’s on the HA Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDMtek

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2004
US
While reviewing our HA setup, I Noticed that the Standby server does not have two “PEP’s” that the main CP server has, CPSECPEP010S & CPSECPEPSP2S.
Should both Servers be the same?
The HA: Installation and Configuration NTP (NN44200-311) states:

To ensure that the pair of CallPilot servers functions correctly, both CallPilot servers must be running the same PEPs and Service Updates (SUs). Due to the mirroring software, the mirrored drives cannot be accessed on the standby server. As a result, PEPs that impact the database or MMFS must be installed on the active CallPilot server.

So is the last sentence saying that Security, hot fixes and Service updates only are installed on the active server and what I see using the PEP Maintenance Utility is correct.

Now that I have an answer, YES both CallPilot servers should have all the same PEP’s!

Now for the next question has any one seen the HA server loose PEP/PEP’s after its been setup? The statement has been made that the all the PEP’s where on the server just after the HA installation, ok could the PEP’s been installed from the CD and not from the D Temp directory and then lost on a reboot?

no you would not lose a pep during a reboot.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back