Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PeopleSoft Equation Engine (stem variables and Exists questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlizbet

Technical User
Oct 4, 2012
US
Hello PS Experts, [smile]

I and several other folks in my office are trying to learn PS Equation Engine. We are the functional folks with really the equivalent Equation Engine experience of having "stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night". [glasses] Currently, I'm attempting to use a stem variable to hold the results of some Callable SQL. Then I need to determine if the results from the SQL match 1 of about 5 criteria. I know the SQL is returning the correct results (tested outside of this tool), but:
[ol 1]
[li]the reviewing the results of my Test of the equation in Equation Engine makes it appear as though the SQL results are not contained in the stem variable, and[/li]
[li]if I'm wrong about that and I now just need to provide the test to the stem variable records, what is the best way to do that? Do I have to create a Loop to loop through the SQL results or can I use Exists (because that's all I really need to know this time) and, if so, how does one use Exists in an Equation.[/li]
[/ol]

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back